Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Starting to Miss The Sea





I can not wait to get back to my beloved East Coast for a visit. I miss her and her salty air...her humid days, and tons of traffic (Oh. My. Gosh...did I just say I missed the traffic?) I miss my special people there. I miss pulled pork barbecue with Carolina sauce...I miss steamed shrimp with Old Bay and Beers on the deck next to the Chesapeake Bay.
My love and I will get to remedy this longing very soon. We are both very excited about a small trip back. The arms of loved ones we left are excited to have us back, even if for a short time.
Before Russia and I left the Virginia coast, we spent a day lulling around in the many antique shops and art galleries that sit strategically located along the banks of the Elizabeth River in Olde Towne, Portsmouth, Virginia. One of our favorites is Skip Jack's Nautical Wares. The owner of this shop, Mr. Joe Elder is such a well educated and friendly proprietor. He happens to write this blog where he showcases nautical styling and decorating. When you are visiting his shop and art gallery, you instantly feel like you are spending time with old friends. He and his knowledgeable staff will answer any questions that you may have. If you are lucky, Joe will share some of his own sailing adventures with you.
When I begin to feel bangs of homesickness and long for my home coast, I look back to these images I caught on that wonderful day this past spring and I rejoice. I become giddy and I relish in the love that was shared that day. I hear the echoes of the laughter or the funny faces that were made. I can feel the hugs and taste the wonderful meal that concluded a fun adventure. I can close my eyes and be teleported back to a place that in ingrained in my heart.



I miss you so, my sweet Virginia. We will be seeing you soon.
~
This is Home Girl and I'm out. (BTW~ Blogger...you need to fix your issues. Thank You.)

1 comment:

Deb said...

-->Thanks for visiting my blog. Did you see I have another blog of JUST pictures from Hampton Roads?
http://beachurbanity.blogspot.com/

~deb
www.WebSavvyMom.com