Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Secret Garden Love

Today marks a very momentous occasion for Home Girl.  Today, I am going back to The Spit for an overnight slumber party with my favorite four year old boy, Lil'A.  I am looking forward to spending some time with him and his Mom, but it struck me that in the past year, I have never returned to my former home.  I think it's time...I think I am ready, ready because I am going back on my terms...and well, let's be honest...when I last left The Spit, things weren't so wonderful in my life.


A lot has changed in a year, huh??

I should have trusted some of you more when you told me that things would be okay...that things would work out the way He wanted them to, but ya know me...ye of little faith and all.  I think one of the biggest things I have learned since last year is that, I am not the one driving the big bus called life.  He is.  I have learned to trust a whole lot more.  I still have issues trusting "people", but I have gotten to a serene place in my life where I completely trust God.  I look for the fruit growing on a vine that I might have looked past before.


I also recognize another huge change for me and that relates to happiness.  Use to be...I would equate happiness with what I was doing for others and what I was creating for others and there was no real fulfilment in that.  I was miserable, because ya know what...we can not make others happy.  They have to make themselves happy and then throw the collective pieces into one big bucket called happiness.


There are still bad days.  There are still bad things that happen, but it's in our approach that we seek the freedom from being miserable.  Sure, you can sit there and say, "blah, blah, blah...my life is so crappy", but what is the sense in that?  Turn it around and force yourself to focus on the moments of joy and your mood will lift.

There is beauty, even amongst the dead leaves and darkness of a cold, dreary day.



 There are moments when we get to see the sparkle of an old chandelier in a unique location.  


A home is just four walls that have found it's happiness.  I am so glad I found mine.  

This is Home Girl and I hope you focus on happiness today...pure and simple.

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You have live a life time in the last year. I am just glad that I got to be a little part of the experience.

Loving the photos. I think I need a chandelier for my front porch!

abb said...

Lovely sentiments with beautiful photos. Love that first one.

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful day going back. I love that you learned that no matter what we do we can't make others happy if they choose to be unhappy. It isn't our fault.

You are a joy spreader. : )