Thursday, August 1, 2013

Everybody Needs A Little Time Away...

I'm on a bit of a "vacation" for the next few weeks.  I am house sitting for a wonderful artist/decorator friend who lives close to me in Historic Olde Towne, Portsmouth, Virginia.  It's a nice respite to recharge my batteries in preparation for my double Total Knee Replacement surgery that is scheduled for the end of this month.

I know it may sound weird, but I am completely excited about getting my new knees.  It's just another step I am taking to regain health and wellness after mistreating my body for so many years with unhealthy eating and life choices.

I do not expect to ever be able to be a marathon runner, but it would be nice to be able to walk more than I currently can.

I will feel victorious if I can walk a mile without constant, ball busting pain.

I will literally jump for joy if I can be training in Cross Fit and MMA Fit by Winter.  It's a major goal of mine.


I know Moscato is NOT Paleo, but I deserved a little treat.  It made for a perfect evening.  It was paired with Sautéed Collard Greens and Beef Brisket.  I do not feel the least bit guilty, either.  I stay on top of Paleo Mountain for the majority of the week (meaning I eat less fruit, more veggies, and meat.  No extra dairy except my grass fed butter in my coffee).  I do allow for two days where I eat more of a Primal Diet which includes more carbs.  To allow for the Moscato "treat", I just adjusted my fruits for the day.

Bada Bing, Bada Boom.



Sitting right here in the morning with the lap top and my Bulletproof Coffee starts my day perfectly.


I am completely in love with the chalk board painted nooks where you can find inspirational messages.


I get asked all the time, "Since you are Paleo and do not eat traditional breakfast foods like Cereal, Bagels, Toast, or Breakfast Bars...what is there left to eat?"  "Don't you get bored?"

Answer A:  There's a plethora of foods available to start your day out.  You know how cool it is to have Breakfast for Dinner?  Well, I tend to have Dinner for Breakfast now.  I usually combine lunch and breakfast together because I am never hungry in the morning.  This Bacon, Onion, Kale Stir Fry was a perfect brunch meal.  Filling and super tasty.

Bacon makes everything better.

Answer B:  Do I get bored with food?  NO!  Not since I went Paleo have I been bored with food.  I have fallen in love with cooking all over again.  My food is fresh and wholesome, the colors are vibrant and eating makes me feel alive!

I tend to "hunt and gather" on a weekly basis and whatever specials I can procure that week, get chopped, diced, shredded, and used to complete my culinary masterpieces.

I also feature a lot of my fresh vegetables that I grow myself.  Grow Food, Not Lawns!!

~

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm" ~ Winston Churchill

After three months of Living In The Paleo's Paradise, I will loudly remark that after experiencing so much failure when it comes to my health and eating a healthy diet....a Paleo Lifestyle has given me so much success.

I love this journey that I am on.  Come join me.

This is Home Girl bidding you a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Right after my oldest son got out of college a few of his friends got married. Because he was "poor", Chad could not afford really nice gifts. He tended to give a nice bottle of wine and a couple of wine glasses. One day I saw a gift bag and peeked inside. There was a bottle of wine and four water goblets. Apparently since that is how he saw me consume wine, he just assumed they were wine glasses.

Looks like house sitting was just the ticket!! What a gorgeous place!