Monday, December 27, 2010

Can You Be Emotionally Attached To A Camera?

Houston, we might have a little, itty, bitty problemo...Home Girl is having serious emotional attachment issues with her new camera.


As in...she does not want to put it down.


As in, she is driving everyone crazy by spending hours taking photos, walking aimlessly away from the group, asking people to remove themselves from a shot, and making her people wait for her while she takes the time to get the perfect shot.


As in...she is really diggin' this photo shiz, yo.


No, seriously...I am.  There is a whole new world opening up to me and I want to learn as much as possible.  I heard that photo walks do that...you learn by shooting many, many photos.


I am learning.  I am really loving the process though.  It's as if I look at these photos and say, "finally, you get to see what I see in my mind."  Can you tell I am really, really, really pleased with my new camera.


Russia asked me if I was going to sleep with "her" tonight.  (My camera is a "her" and I call her my baby...yes, I do.)

I said, "I just might...don't tempt me."  The only other time I felt like this about something, it was my Easy Bake Oven when I was like eight years old.  I would have slept with that too, but it wasn't feasible.  There were light bulbs and crumbs to get in the way of comfortable sleep.  I suppose sleeping with my camera would be a little much, but I did momentarily consider it.


He has made me such a happy woman this holiday.  I tell him every hour or so...just to remind him.  I think it is important to really let our loved ones know when they get it right...ya know, so they'll be more apt to do it again when it's required.

This is Home Girl and I really do love this camera.

5 comments:

Jan Maree said...

it is wonderful when you get soemthing that you really get pleasure out of - enjoy it! Loving your photos!

Mental P Mama said...

I love her too! A little nap together may be okay....

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I love my camera, too. I won mine and that makes it even better. Easy Bake oven ....... I feel a blog post coming on ........

tara said...

Lovin the shots.

I Am Woody said...

That last photo is especially fab!!