Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Think I'm In Love

It's more like, I know I am in serious love and it has to do with photography.  I have always been a big fan, but from the moment Russia put this new camera into my hands, my world has literally changed.  I have had a difficult time explaining just how I feel, but when I posted on Facebook last night that I admitted to being in serious love with photography, Jenni responded,




"I think what I like best about photography is that it's a way to show what *you* see, your own unique vision of your world, and to hone that vision until you are more observant and more aware of the beauty and intricacy of the things too many of us overlook on a day to day basis. Each of us sees the same things differently, and a photograph says a lot about the photographer. A photograph tells what sort of things a photographer notices, shows what things are beautiful or important to her, conveys her unique perspective on each object and on the greater world, and in each face or flower or landscape we see not just the subject of the photo but a slice of the photographer's soul."




After soaking in what Jenni wrote, and yes, I read it more than once to absorb the totality...I found myself shaking my head in agreement.  YES!!  This is why I love photography and photographs.  I can take what is inside my brain and transverse it into something tangible.  There really are no limits as to what can be achieved through photography.  




Jenni was one of the first bloggers to expose me to high quality photographs, the likes of which I had never seen before.  I felt connected to her view.  I enjoy the things she loves to shoot.  I especially love it when she goes out and about on her beloved Kansas prairies and captures it's varying beauty.  Her work is amazing.




I have got a few other favorite photo bloggers now and I love and appreciate each of their individual work.  Some like hard lines and gutsy shots...some like heavenly, soft toned nature captures...and some provide me with stink'n cute baby toes for me to salivate over.  There are even those that give me a daily dose of farm and country life...then there's those foodie photographers.  Well, you should know who I feel about them.  Each one is equally special to me.  I hope to be able to feature some of my personal favorites in the future, not just to provide them exposure in the blogging world, but to document why their blog keeps beckoning me back.  




I know there's a whole new world out there for me with my camera.  I am enjoying the learning process and am taking the time to grow.  I believe that if we stop seeking knowledge and personal growth than we become stagnant and stop living life.  There's absolutely no way I am about to do that.  You?  What do you see through your lense?  


This is Home Girl and I am truly in love...



Please go visit all the other stunning entries in Communal Global...it amazes me to see how different, yet the same, we all are.  It truly is a small world.


13 comments:

Maddy said...

I definitely agree! I also appreciate how it can the most mundane thing so beautiful and unique! I love how it can bring you back to a special place and time and I love how it captures the small details that we often fail to notice. It's a beautiful thing and it has changed my life for the better :)

May said...

Your post made me smile...:) I am an expat, and if not for this big change in my life, I would never ever have held a camera!! And now, I can never live without it. It's not a great cam, but I love what I can do with it. You are so right about being in love with Photography..:D

abb said...

I'm sure you've told us before, but I can't remember. What kind of camera do you use? It takes wonderful photos.

SZM said...

What a wonderful post! I concur! And thanks for your extra sweet comment on my blog!

Unknown said...

It makes me so excited when other people fall in love with it. I have gone to workshops with people who are not in love with it and they just do it for money and it makes me sad. Love it : ) and your pictures will show it! :)

April said...

I totally agree...photography is an amazing thing! I am completely and over-the-top addicted to it myself! I hope to find ways to keep getting better and better. Your shots are always so BEAUTIFUL...I love seeing the world through your eyes.

* said...

Photography is the art by which we indeed share from our point of view (our eyes). Love your photos.

I want a piece of that cake.

Jenni said...

Aw, thanks for the mention. I'm glad you liked what I said and some of my photos. I've been kind of lazy with taking photos lately, and I need to get going on it again instead of just spending time editing the old ones. I love your last paragraph and am so happy you've found another creative outlet to enjoy.

likeschocolate said...

I want some cake!

Anita Johnson said...

Photography is my favorite hobby...it is the one thing I still can do consistantly since college days, and now, with Photoshop, it is almost like having a darkroom again! Enjoy your camera!

Bluebird49 said...

You're very good at photography, Marlene. I need to get the book out on mine and learn more than "auto"!

I'll be glad when I feel like getting out and using my new one, too. Thanks for stopping over at the old pity-party blog, and leaving me an honest and hopeful message. I'm guess I'm old enough to know that things get better, sometimes it seems to take a long time--a long, long time. I'm so very glad things worked out for you. That's a bad bad place to be....

So glad Russia gifted you with a camera you love. My husband surprised me with a pretty good one this year,too--and I need to get myself together and use it.

LL Cool Joe said...

We all need to be in love with something, and photography is your thing, and it shows.

Buckeroomama said...

Being in love is a good thing... the passion shows through somehow. :) I think your photos are beautiful!!

Thank you so much for your sweet words over at Becky’s. The interview was done late last year and I’d gotten a big-girl DSLR as a Christmas present from my husband (yay!), so a few of the shots that Becky chose were actually taken with my new toy (the cable cars, the color pencils, that last shot of my kids…). I still love my Sony and still occasionally use it for when I don’t want to lug out the big toy. =)