Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Q and A; Let's Ask Home Girl.

I apologize, but I am posting without photos today because I am away from my computer babysitting many small children.  I stress the word many.  I will be back to my regular shenanigans tomorrow and boy, do I have some wonderfulness to share with you.  Be prepared.  As a warning I would suggest that you do NOT read my post tomorrow, unless you have eaten...and I do mean a full meal. 


It will be tortuous if you you don't take heed in my warning.  I'm serious. 


In the mean time, let's play a game. 


You get to ask Home Girl any question you want and I will answer each of them on this blog post.  I will be checking in several times throughout the day, so feel free to be nosy and I will try my best to reply. 


Of course some subjects are off limits and I don't have a problem stating that certain parts of my life will not be discussed.  This includes anything to do with my children. 


So let's begin the interrogation. 


Sorry, no questions from anonymous commenter's.  I like to play fair.  You wanna know me?  It's only fair I know who's asking. 


You ask...I answer. 


This is Home Girl and I ain't scared.


~
From Laura-Peach..."what is your NUMBER ONE most favorite thing to cook and why... and of course share the recipe :)."  


Such a tough one for me.  There are so many things I love to cook and it depends on many factors such as season, mood, time of month, and economical availability.  Forgetting any financial concerns, I love to cook Italian and more specially Northern Italian.  I adore rich cream sauces over ricotta tortellini with prosciutto and fresh peas topped with fresh parmigiano-reggiano.  I normally serve this with a hand-made Cesar salad and just baked, buttered croutons.  This is a comfort meal that is both sublime and surreal.  I would pair this with a nice bottle of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.  


Of course, I cheat with store purchased pasta, but I do make my own white sauce.  The recipe is as such:  


North Italian White Cream Sauce or Creama di Salsa Marinara
~
Ingredients
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
  • Directions
  1. In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream and butter. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until butter melts. Gradually stir in grated Parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, grated provolone cheese, and grated Romano cheese. Reduce heat to low, and continue to stir just until all cheese is melted.
  2. Serve immediately, sauce will thicken upon standing.

Enjoy!! 

From April..."If you could spend one entire day with someone famous, who would it be and why? What would you spend your day together doing?"

Great question.  This is an easy one.  I would honestly want to spend the day having good ol' girl time with Hilary Clinton.  

There is no political mandate for the reason why..it's just that I have always thought of her as this stoic, take no prisoners chick, who was also incredibly intelligent and kinda cool in a dorky/nerd sorta way.  I like that in a woman.  

I get her.  Instinctually.  

We would spend the day talking over great food and then I would love to shoot photos while mirroring her the rest of the day.   

From MPM..."Can I STOP the snow??"  

Hahahaha.....ha.  Ummmm...No.  I have gotten really good at predicting it and yes, it will stop eventually...then Spring will come and you will be so grateful for the lush green and colors around you that your heart will sing the Snow King's praises.  

Just try to enjoy it while it's here.  Snow is such a miracle and it makes me feel so inadequate to know that each snow flake is special and unique.  It can be a pain, but when sitting in the heat and the humidity of late July, you may recall the beautiful snow and then won't feel so completely miserable.  

Besides if I could make it stop snowing, don't you think that I would hog it all for myself and never let it stop in Southeastern Virginia??  

Are you still thinking Bali??  

Awesome Questions....keep 'em coming!!!!  
~
From Marlene, not me...but my homie, Marlene..."Do you have naturally curly hair? :) (And if it wasn't naturally curly before - is it curly now because of watching a bunch of kids?!!!) heehee..."


No, the many, many children did not wreck havoc on my hair, although I was called a punk by a two year old.  I will admit I felted punked.  


Yes I do have naturally curly hair.  I was born with these awesome, silky brown curls.  I was a stunning child, but when I hit puberty, those lushcious tufts became a curly, frizzy mess.  Before the time of hair products (i.e. gel, Bed Head, Frizzease, good conditioner, and mousse) I kept it very short, but then I said, "What the heck" and let it grow out.  


It looks permed, but natural...I like it, but I am struggling with two things now...grey hair and well, the ease that short hair provides.  Chemicals and curly hair = bad.  


I love my hair...I hate my hair...it all depends on the day.  


If I don't condition and oil my hair daily it starts to dreadlock and well...that just puts me in a very bad mood.  


I can usually be found with a scrunchie on my hair or on my wrist.  I have a basket of "Hair Doodles" and hair jewerly.  I love to play around creatively with my hair, but then there are times I wish I was bald.  


C'mon...who's next?  Don't be chicken to ask the good stuff...



4 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

what is your NUMBER ONE most favorite thing to cook and why... and of course share the recipe :)

April said...

If you could spend one entire day with someone famous, who would it be and why? What would you spend your day together doing?

Mental P Mama said...

Can you STOP the snow?

Marlene said...

Do you have naturally curly hair? :)

(And if it wasn't naturally curly before - is it curly now because of watching a bunch of kids?!!!) heehee