Saturday, January 15, 2011

Shooting Kids But Not With Firearms

Disclaimer:  No children were harmed in the process of capturing these shots.  The person shooting "said shots" may have been though.  Like being a grandmother, which I know absolutely nothing about, I knew that I would be able to "give these little boogers back" after a while.  That was the thought that fueled my existence during my "Adventures in Babysitting" episode of,  Life With Home Girl.



I am sure it would have been much easier to take better pictures had I (a) not had so many small children around me at once and (b) had a baby helper, but I was nothing but pleased with the results.




I know this shot is a tad bit on the blurry side, but I still love it anyway.  This little man is such a sweet love.  He is all boy, but has this wonderfully caring soul.  Here he was with his rendition of, "Cheese!!"...and it doesn't get cheesier than this.



Well, maybe it can get cheesier...this is my God daughter and Little man.  When you combine these two little ones, you are sure to laugh.  They kept me in stitches the whole time.  Three year old  children are my favorite age group...they are just so candid, full of their emerging humor, and completely unguarded.  You never know what to expect when you are in a room with three year old monsters...


that goes for a two year old, as well.  My God daughter's younger (Irish Twin) brother is his Mama's boy.  He is a paradox of emotions.  I just love his sweet smile and angelic eyes.  He gives great big, tight holding hugs...and he loves to eat.  I just wanted to hold him and kiss his cheeks the whole time I was there, but two year old boys don't like all that mushy gushy, baby love crap and wanted nothing more than to play with his array of cars and trucks.



It was a great day spending time with all these wonderful faces.  I had a blast taking photos of them and getting to practice using certain techniques.  My dear best friend, who had to have the Gastric GES study performed, heard back from her doctor yesterday that she has been diagnosed with Scleroderma and Gastroparesis.  Neither of us know a lot about this disease yet, but in doing research I hope to be able to help her walk through the process of finding solutions.  One thing is for sure...I will never stop being there for her.

She can use all the prayers that she can get if you are a prayer and if not, then please just send up a good vibe or thought for her.  She is the mother of four young children and was just beginning the process of leaving an abusive marriage.  I will be praying endlessly for her.  Nothing has ever broken our bond in the past 15 years and we aren't about to let it happen through this.

She is more than my best friend...she is the sister of my heart.  I love her unconditionally with an unabiding spirit.  That is the way it is suppose to be with sisters.

This is Home Girl.  Deuces.

5 comments:

Laura~peach~ said...

beautiful shots :) beautiful kids! hope your friend is feeling better fast and out of a crappy marriage it certianly wont help with pai and hard times to have that over ya. prayers!

CPA Mom said...

One of my dearest friends in the world has Scleroderma and has had many many problems but remains one of the happiest people I know. I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to your friend about it.

Mental P Mama said...

Love these shots, and she is in my prayers!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures to pieces. I am a big fan of shooting people : ) especially children. Wink.

Will pray for your friend this afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Children are the most entertaining subject around. Praying for your friend and her family.

Amy W.