Sunday, January 16, 2011

Cheese Curds, Sweet Bliss Wine, and a Contract Renewal

Good Morning Everyone!  How are ya'll doing?


Have you ever had Cheese Curds, raise your hand??  Okay, then you know what kinda love I am talking about.  These little lumps of fresh cheddary goodness squeak when you chomp on them.  They are slightly salty, go great with almost anything you would use regular cheese on, but the taste...OMG, the taste is stunning.  Now, they are exceptionally expensive, especially in the South of the United States because fresh Cheese Curds need to be eaten within a few days of being made.  The fresher the better...and true cheese curds usually come from places that have lots of milking cow operations and cheese production plants.

We have pig farms and ham processing plants down here, not cows and cheese.  I seriously wish we did though.  If we did, then I would have more creamy wonderful love around me...like butter and heavy whipping cream.

My favorite Wine and Cheese shop, Angry Adams, is currently featuring Squeaky Bee Fresh Cheese Curds, made by Beehive Cheese Company in Utah and as soon as I had heard the news of their arrival, I got all kinds of excited!!!  I beat tracks to get down there to try some.  Those little bad boys did not disappoint either.  Creamy, squeaky, salty, and pure yumminess greeted me.  I took some home and proceeded to make this, Ground Sirloin Burgers with sliced tomato and chopped cheese curds melted on top...


and this, Real Canadian Comfort Food, Poutine, which is french fries, brown gravy, and melted cheese curds...



Disclaimer:  These two meals were not consumed at the same time.  The poutine is a meal in itself.



While we were in Angry Adams Wine and Cheese Spot, we sampled a taste of these lovely libations, Sweet Bliss by Cascade Creek Winery in Washington State.  Yes, I am a fan of sweet wine and with Valentine's Day approaching either of these wines would fit the starring role.  (They are also carrying my full line of Wine Cozie Dresses and are available for sale.)

Both wines had me at hello.  I preferred the Caramel Apple over the Chocolate Covered Cherry, but that changed when Adam offered me a brownie bite as a pairing with the sweet red wine.  There are really not enough words to describe the total decadence of either of these wines.  They are both definitely going to be on my table to be served with a side of romance for Valentine's Day or my birthday, the following week.

And speaking of romance, Russia and I are celebrating our one year anniversary today.  We sat down last night and discussed the pros and cons of renewing our relationship contract for another year and the consensus was that we are staying together!!  I think it's important to review things between two people and to honestly say whether it's working or it's not.

For us, it works...and that makes me more giddy than wine and cheese curds.

This is Home Girl and I wish you a blessed Sunday.

9 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

You go, girl - drinking wines from my favorite state in the big ol' US of A! I prefer my wines dry (but not oak-ey) and red wine paired with anything chocolate (especially Dove dark chocolate) just makes your mouth sing. Congrats on the "contract renewal" - have a great week!!

Marlene said...

Mmmm..


Poutine!

LL Cool Joe said...

Happy anniversary!!!! Here's to many more years!!

Now I'm hungry! Really hungry!

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to locate Cascade Creek Winery that makes Sweet Bliss. Its website is non-functional and they aren't listed by the official Washington State Winery Commission. They are supposedly in Richland, WA but they haven't been heard of by the other wineries there. Insights anyone?

zman said...

You have one of the best titles for a blog..wish i would thought of it first....I have been to Angry Adams...that was where i tasted my first Black Gekko Merlot...I shouldnt have since i was coming from a test Portsmouth NMCP......but anyway great blog....zman sends

Judy@grammyreads.com said...

I have never tried cheese curds. I will have to see if my local dairy has this! Happy Anniversary!

SZM said...

Oh gosh, I have a thing for cute wine labels and those are adorable! Happy Anniversary!!

CPA Mom said...

I covet those wines. and the curds. And time to spend with you.

Anonymous said...

I just found Sweet Bliss Sweet Red Wine. Simply delicious. Looking for Sweet White Wine. From Maryland, heard about poutine, never had pleasure. Certainly will seek it out!