Monday, January 17, 2011

What I Did This Weekend, Me Time!!

I had a nice, relaxing weekend here in Olde Towne.  It was much needed and well deserved.  It started off with sweet wines and cheese inspired dishes and ended with a lot of football watching and stitching.  I have been really dedicated to spending at least two hours a day, if not more, creating with my fabrics.

Remember when I said, I need a shirt that says, "Will Work For Fabric"??  Yes, I babysat many small children for fabric...who wouldn't?   Well, I finally got the time to actually see what was in the haul and I love it...all.

Wanna see what I got?


There's some baby boy fat quarters that are going into a sweet lil' quilt for a dear friend who is having her 4th baby soon.  Bestie and I are just so excited for her!!  There are also some co-ordinating civil war fabrics and some florals.


There's a huge stack of various fat quarters to go into the stash.  I have had to start from scratch on my available stash, because I erroneously got rid of all my back stash before I moved to Texas.  I know...I know.  Live and learn...and that will never happen again.  Trust me.  (Yes, I use my cutting mat to death...hoping I get a new one for my birthday!!)


This huge stack of fat quarters were bundled up together and it didn't take me long to realize it is a quilt kit, but no directions or pattern was indicated.  I was stumped and even though I am great at research, I just could not figure out where to find the pattern...I asked two of my favorite quilty friends if they could help me locate it.


That is why I love these ladies...why I am partial to the Quilty Blog World.  They both answered me within minutes of each other with the Free PDF file to make this quilt.  It will become The Baltimore Museum of Art Collection Album Quilt.  Making this quilt will be a huge endeavor for me, both technically and in patience to finish it, but I have vowed to work through it.  I have heard that you really aren't a "quilter" until you have finished a Baltimore Album historical reproduction quilt.  I also think it will look gorgeous in this grand home I live in.


I also made some Valentine's Day Buntings for the fireplaces.  They were easy mindless sewing for me and made me feel all hearts and roses.  I need to pick up some red taper candles for the mantel and finish putting bits and pieces of Cupid Day decorations here and there.


I also made some great progress on my God daughter's Blue's Clue's quilt.  This quilt has such a funny history.  When it is finally finished and given to her, it will have traveled many miles back and forth between her mother and I.  I can not wait to see GD's face when we give it to her.  She is three years old and thinks that Blue and Magenta are the best.  I like the scrappiness to this simple nine patch quilt.  Matching pillow cases are planned, too.  Isn't this just adorable?


This is Home Girl and I love me some serious stitching time.

14 comments:

Three Birds Inspired said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. All that wonderful fabric! A nice Civil War quilt would also look great in that fabulous home!

Maddy said...

Wow!! Look at all that pretty fabric!! I wish I knew how to sew, but I can barely sew a button :o/ Happy stitching to you though!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I see you had some me time too! I drool over fabrics. These are fabulous!

StitchinByTheLake said...

The fabrics are wonderful - don't you just love stacks of fabrics like that? The Baltimore Album - well that's a labor of love for sure. I'll be interested to see your progress on it. The Valentine Bunting - that's a picture I'm going to save to make later. :) Yes, another one goes in the folder! And I love the quilt you're working on - granddaughter will too! blessings, marlene

Mental P Mama said...

I love that colonial fabric! Happy stitching!

Patty ♣ said...

WOW! How I love those Civil War and floral fabrics!! ...I almost had to touch the screen.. Fabrics just call me! Your God daughter will really love her quilt! You are going to be happily busy!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love your fabrics. Very pretty!

SZM said...

I love the Valentine's bunting!! I have that same little clock that is on your mantle :)

tara said...

I love Baltimore quilts. Good luck.

Deidre said...

In the second quilt the purple fabric at the bottom...LOVE IT.

Sounds like a baltimore quilt is quite the undertaking! Good Luck.

Marlene said...

Such pretty fabric! I can see why you get a charge out of it ... but honestly, you're a much braver woman than I am. Babysitting, I mean. AAACK!

abb said...

What, exactly, is a fat quarter?
(Sorta sounds like it's another word for a body part I might personally own...;-)

April said...

Looks like you have plenty of fabric to keep you busy for a long time! I look forward to seeing your newest creations!

LL Cool Joe said...

You've been very busy! The valentine hearts are cute. :)