Thursday, January 20, 2011

This and That Thursday by Mental Pause Mama

First off, I am in serious need of coffee, so please just wait right here...I am going to run down to the waterfront, near the ferry landing and go grab some java...plus I heard it's free from 10am until 1pm with a food purchase because today is National Coffee Break Day or I Am Too Addicted To Coffee To Function Without It Day...anyway, just wait here.  I will be back.  Okay?  Okay.  (At this moment, I left to actually go get coffee...no, really I did.)


See, I told you I would be right back.  I love living in Olde Towne, Portsmouth, VA.  There are few places in the world where one can stroll in a historic district, steps away from their home, to go get fresh yummy cappuccino or latte.  I can choose between three different coffee loving venues, too.  Jealous?  You should be.


There is one that happens to be my most favorite.  I am going to feature it in a blog post tomorrow and no, it's not because I happen to adore the owners and in no way do they compensate me with free coffee, although my coffee today...in all it's wonderful deep roasted javaness with a hint of caramel...was completely free.  I won't lie...I have some of the best friends in Olde Towne and even if they did not leave me free coffee waiting for me at coffee shops, I would still love them.

I know this post sounds hurried and I apologize.  I am rushing because I am getting ready to go to the big RVA today.  RVA for those that don't know, is Richmond, Virginia.  It's not too far from Olde Towne.  Just a big hop, skip, and a jump across the little pond.


(Darn it, I forgot to get a cookie.)

It's just a day trip with a good friend and I have been rather looking forward to spending time with this person. There will be great laughs, good food, divine wine, Short Pump Towne Center, and who knows what else.  I am down for the task.  I am ready for the day.


I hope you have a great day, as well.

This is Home Girl and Coffee makes everything better, but Free Designer Coffee makes everything heavenly.  It's just another way I celebrate "me".


Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop

5 comments:

Maddy said...

Lol!! I hear you on Coffee makes everything better! I usually need my caffeine rush in the form of a cappuccino every day around 3pm :)

April said...

Enjoy your day, Marlene...you deserve it!

Marlene said...

It looks like you're having a blast blogging and taking photos again. So happy you're happy. :)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I have the same feeling towards Diet Coke. I do not like coffee but I love the smell of it.

Mental P Mama said...

Loving your pictures! Have fun! I love Short Pump!